Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen, legal resident or current visa holder.
International students who currently DO NOT have a visa will not be considered. A visa must be obtained before an application will be processed.
- Able to fluently read the Qur’an.
- Be able to commit to a full-time program and financially support yourself during the program.
- Must have completed grade 9 of high school.
- Male and female can enroll at the Al-Rahmah Seminary. Specific classroom arrangements will be made for this program.
The application deadline for 2013-2014 is September 6. The application process heavily favors applicants who apply early.
- Carefully review the application criteria.
- Complete and submit the online application form along with $100 non-refundable application fee.
- Once the application is processed, each applicant will receive an appointment time via email for the reading assessment.
- Upon successfully passing the reading assessment, applicants will be given an interview appointment time.
The reading assessment is designed to test the applicant’s fluency and comfort in reading the Arabic language. Applicants should be able to read without confusing the letters or vowel sounds. An applicant who shows excessive difficulty reading will not pass the assessment.
Applicants will be asked to:
1. Read a passage from the Qur’an to the interviewer.
2. Read a simple Arabic passage that is not from the Qur’an. The passage will be provided to the applicant during the interview.
In the interview, applicants will be asked about their background, interests, motivations for taking this course, and future plans.